Updated: May 2020
Our Services include the software on this website (the “Site”), the services provided thereon, and all related services, applications, components, programs, software, listings, directories, tools, updates, databases and information made available and utilized. References to "you" or “user” in this Agreement means you, your duly authorized representatives and any entity you may represent in connection with your use of the Services.
- What Information Do We Collect?
Better Cloud Solutions LTD may collect information about you when you visit our Sites or use our Services, including the following:
- Information you provide us. We collect the content, communications and other information you provide when you contact us, including your email address.
- Information we get from your use of our services. We collect information about the Services that you use and how you use them. This information includes:
- Device Information
We collect device-specific information (such as your hardware model and operating system version).
- Log Information
When you use our Services or view content provided by Better Cloud Solutions LTD, we automatically collect and store certain information in server logs. This includes:
- Search activity when you use web search services (such as search queries) (“Search Data”).
- Internet protocol address (“IP Address”)
- The type of browser you are using when using our Services, including your browser's "user agent" (e.g., Internet Explorer, Safari, and other browsers)
- Device event information such as crashes, system activity, hardware settings, browser language, and the date and time of your request and referral URL
- Your geographic location
- The Domain name of your Internet service provider
- The source of traffic acquisition
- Date of traffic acquisition, and
- Time and date of certain browser events such as:
- Chrome extensions enabled
- Homepage/new tab rendered
- Search query performed
- Search performed on search engine results page (“SERP”)
- Search term on SERP
- Paid advertisements clicked on SERP
- Organic advertisements clicked on SERP
- Icons clicked on Home page/New Tab Page
- Uninstalls of extension
- Views on landing page
- Clicks on an action button on landing page
- Cancellations of extension installation
- Acceptance of extension installation
- Disablement of extension
- How Do We Use This Information?
We are able to deliver, personalize, and improve our Services by combining and using the information that we have about you to understand how you use and interact with our Services. We also may use the information that we have about you for the following purposes:
- Provide, maintain, improve, and develop relevant features, content, and Services.
- To communicate with you by responding to your requests, comments, and questions.
- Help advertisers and publishers connect to offer relevant advertising in their apps and websites.
- Create analytics and reports for internal purposes. These analytics and reports may include aggregate or anonymous information.
- Detect and defend against fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful activity.
III. How Do We Share This Information?
We will not share the personal information we collect about you with any third party for their own marketing purposes without your consent. We do not sell, license or share information that individually identifies our users with companies, organizations or individuals outside of Better Cloud Solutions LTD. We will share your information in the following ways:
- Our vendors, subcontractors and business partners (“service providers”):We may share your data with our services providers who process your personal data to provide services to us or on our behalf. We have contracts with our service providers that prohibit them from sharing the information about you that they collect or that we provide to them with anyone else or using it for other purposes.
- Companies within Better Cloud Solutions LTD’s group of companies:We may share your information with our parent company and our affiliates, which are entities under common ownership or control of our ultimate parent company.
- Fraud prevention:We may disclose the personal information we collect about our users when we believe disclosure is necessary to investigate, prevent, or respond to suspected illegal or fraudulent activity or to protect the safety, rights, or property of us, our users, or others.
- Law enforcement purposes and public safety:If requested or required by government authorities, such as law enforcement authorities, courts, or regulators, or otherwise to comply with the law, we may disclose any information we have about our users. We may disclose information collected about you in order to exercise or protect legal rights or defend against legal claims. We also may be required to disclose an individual’s personal information in response to a lawful request by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
- Sale or merger of our business:We may transfer your personal information to a third party if we or any of our affiliates are involved in a corporate restructuring (e.g., a sale, merger, or other transfer of assets).
- What is a cookie?
Cookies are text files containing small amounts of information which are downloaded to your computer or mobile device when you visit a certain webpage. Cookies are then sent back to the originating webpage on each subsequent visit, or to another webpage that recognizes that cookie. Cookies are widely used in order to make Better Cloud Solutions LTD Services work, or to work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of a website.
Cookies do lots of different jobs, like letting you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences, and generally improving the user experience. Cookies may tell us, for example, whether you have visited the Better Cloud Solutions LTD Services before or whether you are a new visitor. They can also help to ensure that adverts you see online are more relevant to you and your interests.
There are two broad categories of cookies:
- First party cookies, served directly by us to your computer or mobile device.
- Third party cookies, which are served by a third party. We use third party cookies for functionality and performance / analytics, advertising (including to target ads to you)
Cookies can remain on your computer or mobile device for different periods of time. Some cookies are 'session cookies', meaning that they exist only while your browser is open. These are deleted automatically once you close your browser. Other cookies are 'permanent cookies', meaning that they survive after your browser is closed. They can be used by Better Cloud Solutions LTD Services to recognize your computer when you open your browser and browse the Internet again.
- track traffic flow and patterns of travel in connection with the Better Cloud Solutions LTD Services and more generally, to track, manage and optimize your interactions with us;
- understand the total number of visitors to our websites on an ongoing basis and the types of internet browsers (e.g. Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explorer, or Safari) and operating systems (e.g. Windows or Mac OS) used by our visitors;
- monitor the performance of the Better Cloud Solutions LTD Services and to continually improve them;
- customize and enhance your online experience;
- What types of cookies do we use?
Functionality cookies record information about choices you've made and allow us to tailor our Services to you. These cookies mean that when you continue to use or come back to our Site, we can provide you with our Services as you have asked for them to be provided. For example, these cookies allow us to:
- Save your location preference if you have set your location on your homepage
- Remember settings you have applied, such as layout, text size, preferences, and colors;
- Show you when you are logged in; and
- Store accessibility options.
Performance / Analytics Cookies
We use performance/analytics cookies to analyze how Better Cloud Solutions LTD Services are accessed, used, or are performing in order to provide you with a better user experience and to maintain, operate and continually improve Better Cloud Solutions LTD Services. For example, these cookies allow us to:
- Collect information about site visitors such as where they are located and what browsers they are using
- Allow you a unique identifier and an install date, used anonymously
- Track your referrer site and advertiser information
- Test different design ideas for particular pages, such as our homepage;
- Determine the number of unique users of our Services;
- Improve our Services by measuring any errors that occur;
- Conduct research and diagnostics to improve Service offerings.
In addition, we use a third-party Google Analytics to gather general information about how people use our Services for the purposes of Services optimization and analytics.
- How to control or delete cookies
Most browsers allow you to change your cookie settings. These settings will typically be found in the "options" or "preferences" menu of your browser. In order to understand these settings, the following links may be helpful, otherwise you should use the "Help" option in your browser for more details.
- Cookie settings in Internet Explorer (https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/products/windows?os=windows-10)
- Cookie settings in Firefox (https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/cookies-information-websites-store-on-your-computer?redirectlocale=en-US&redirectslug=Cookies)
- Cookie settings in Chrome (https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en)
- Cookie settings in Safari web and iOS. (https://support.apple.com/kb/PH5042?locale=en_US)
- Need More Information?
If you would like to find out more about cookies and their use on the Internet, you may find the following links useful:
- All About Cookies (http://www.allaboutcookies.org/)
- com (http://www.youronlinechoices.com/)
- Cookies that have been set in the past
If you have disabled one or more cookies, we may still use information collected from cookies prior to your disabled preference being set, however, we will stop using the disabled cookie to collect any further information.
- How Long Do We Keep the Information?
We retain the information we collect about and from you for as long as necessary to fulfill a business purpose or comply with a legal request. We may also choose to anonymize certain information you provide to us so that it can no longer be attributed to you if we would like to retain it for longer periods of time.
- How Do We Protect Your Personal data?
We maintain technical, physical, and administrative security measures designed to provide reasonable protection for your personal data against loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, and alteration. The security measures include firewalls, data encryption, physical access controls to our data centers, and information access authorization controls. While we are dedicated to securing our systems and Services, you are responsible for securing and maintaining the privacy of your password.
VII. Age Limitations.
The Sites and Services are not directed to children under the age of 13 (age 16 in the European Union). We do not knowingly collect information, including personal data, from children or other individuals who are not legally able to use our Sites and Services. If we obtain actual knowledge that we have collected personal data from a child under the age of 13 (age 16 in the European Union), we will promptly delete it, unless we are legally obligated to retain such data. Contact us if you believe that we have mistakenly or unintentionally collected information from a child under the age of 13 (age 16 in the European Union).
VIII. International Data Transfers
- Your Rights
Individuals located in certain countries, including the European Economic Area and California, have certain statutory rights in relation to their personal data. Subject to any exemptions provided by law, you may have the right to request access to personal data, as well as to seek to update, delete or correct this Information. If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact us. To the extent that Better Cloud Solutions LTD’s processing of your personal data is subject to the General Data Protection Regulation, Better Cloud Solutions LTD relies on your consent. If we have collected and process your personal data with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time.
European Union Residents
You can contact us via email at contact@BetterCloud.com. We are a controller for purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). With respect to the Personal Information we collect from you, we are relying on one of the following as our legal basis to do so:
- We need the data to perform the Services requested by you or to complete the transactions requested by you.
- We have a legitimate interest in using the data in the normal manners you would expect in connection with using a service like ours.
- We need to process your data to comply with a legal requirement.
As an EU resident, the GDPR affords you the following rights:
- Right to Access, which includes the right to request that we provide you with the Personal Information we have about you, the ways in which we use it, and who we share it with.
- Right to Rectification, which means you can require us to correct inaccurate Personal Information that we have about you.
- Right to Portability, which means you can request a copy of the data we have about you in a structured, machine-readable format and to ask us to send this data to another data controller.
- Right to Erasure, which means you have the right to require us to delete your Personal Information (unless prohibited by law).
- Right to Withdraw Consent, which means you can withdraw your consent for us to process your Personal Information.
- Right to Restrict Processing, which means you can require us to cease processing your Personal Information while undertaking rectification of such data or if we are relying on our legitimate interest to do so or if we are not fulfilling your right to erasure based on legal compliance issues.
You can exercise any of the foregoing rights by emailing us at contact@BetterCloud.com. We generally try to respond to requests of this nature within 45 days of your email, but cannot guarantee that we will be able to do so in all cases. If you are a resident of the European Economic Area and believe we maintain your Personal Information within the scope of the GDPR, you may direct questions or complaints to us contact@BetterCloud.com.
Under California Civil Code Section 1798.83, which is also known as the "Shine The Light" law, users who are California residents may request from us a list of the Personal Information (if any) that we have disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes during in the preceding calendar year, this includes the names and addresses of such third parties. Requests may be made only one time per year. These requests are free of charge. To make a request, please contact us at contact@BetterCloud.com and note that we are not able to accept requests through the telephone, mail or by facsimile. We cannot be responsible for notices that are not labeled or sent properly or that do not have complete information. In the body of such request, you must put the statement "Your California Privacy Rights", as well as your name, street address, city, state and zip code and you must provide enough information for us to determine if this applies to you. Additionally, you must attest to the fact that you are a California resident and provide a current California address.
If you are a resident of California, you have certain additional rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (CCPA), including the right:
- to access all data we collect about you;
- to opt-out of our sale of any of the information we collect about you to third parties;
- to have us delete any personal data (as defined under the CCPA) that we have collected about you;
- to know the categories of third parties to which we have sold data about you; and
- to know the reason we have collected data about you (as is described in our Terms).
When you assert your right to request information, you must confirm that you are a resident of the State of California. We reserve the right to request that you provide further evidence as a resident of California before acting on your request.
To opt-out of us “selling “ (as defined by the CCPA) any of the information we collect about you to third parties and to delete all such information, we offer an “Opt-Out” Option, which can be accessed by emailing us contact@BetterCloud.com.
- More Information.
- Contact Us
Better Cloud Ltd
Viktoros Ougko, 10, Germasogeia
Limassol, Cyprus 4045